Skip to content
*4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 5 Tbls butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Cook unpeeled potatoes with salt. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- When cool, peel and slice into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Layer potato slices in a greased casserole dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, & bourbon.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 40 minutes. or until brown.
- Increase heat to 500 degrees F and top with marshmallows and pecans.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown.