Skip to content
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes cubed (small)
- 1 red medium onion, diced
- 1/4 bunch celery, diced
- 8 cups milk * 3 cups water (add more if needed)
- 4 cubes chicken bullion (mix w/1 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups salted butter
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 bunch parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
Garnish items below are optional.
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped for garnish
- Boil potatoes for 10 minutes then set aside.
- Cook onion and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk, water, bullion and salt & pepper to potatoes to taste. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add flour and mix well. Cook mixture until creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and parsley, cook about 3 minutes more.
- Serve and top with shredded cheese and green onions.